Sunday, March 8, 2009

Witness the Slackness...

Man, my bad people. It's been a while since my last post, been trying to detox and sort out a bunch of shit in my life, so blogging has been a secondary concern for the last little while.
Anyways, here's the catch-up.

This week on The Empire we'll be rocking out with the worlds best lyricists. There's no way we can hit upon every great lyricist in the measy hour we have, but we'll try to cover most genres, and we'll at leat hit the main contenders for greatness.
Speaking of our sweet radio gig, here's part III of the minimix's. This bad boy's pretty rough, as I had major technical issues and had to re-record this about an hour before going to air, but it's still listenable.
Grab that mofo right HERE.

In case you're not as huge a fan of The Daily Show as I am, you probably missed Jon Stewart's epic rant against Rick Santelli and CNBC, so here it is. Gawker also posted this a few days ago, but it's well worth re-posting.

Thirdly, it seems the rest of the world is catching up with myself and BigDubbs (northoftheriver.wordpress.com) and proclaiming The Wire as the greatest thing on television since Wildboyz. OK, most wouldn't compare the two, but I will, 'cos that's how I roll. So if you're not up on it yet, crawl out from under your rock and get busy downloading or buying or whatever, just watch it. I'm sick of explaining the brilliance of this show to slack jawed idiots who can't understand how TV can be revolutionary.

Fourthly, my brother in arms PMM is a busy man, being that he actually studies and has a job and all that, so i'm pretty much holding the fort by myself (damn, two military analogies in one sentence, gotta expand my vocabulary). The point being, if anyone cares to join me here in cyberspace and feels that they could bring something to The Trim, then get at me and i'll add you to the Admin. No need to be exceptionally verbose, judging by the majority of my posts as long as you're semi-literate you'll fit right in.

Fifthly (OK, i'm gonna stop that now, they don't really work after thirdly) I love a good birdman rally. Nothing better than idiots hurling themselves off a pier with a pair of cardboard wings attached. And the shonkier the costume, the better. If it's too well constructed, then the fun is taken out of it. Noone watches a Daytona 500 to see cars driving really fast in a circle, they want to see massive stacks. And the same goes for a Birdman Rally, more failure, more enjoyment. Here's some highlights, courtesy of The Age website.
Birdman Rally Photo Gallery

And finally, I should weigh in on the Chris Brown/Rihanna debacle. I should, but I can't really do better than the homeboy here.

Well, i'll be back soonish, probably.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment