Friday, January 23, 2009

Slumdog

So I went to see OSCAR BUZZ numero uno 'Slumdog Millionaire'. I have to go see a couple, already put down benji button and the other options? revolutionary road? Well, apart for my penchant for leo finding yet another excuse to get his hair wet while he kisses kate winslet, an oscar film about real estate? c'mon. c'mon!

To start with, y'all should check out slumdog. Why?
1. Becuase of the way the host of the Indian Who Wants to be a Millionaire says the word Millionaire. Something like a cross between those folk that make hats and the way the french cook their fillets. Hillarious. That's not racist, its comic.
2. For Danny Boyle's incredible direction and who ever was the DOP's success in capturing that vision. Some of the shots as the young slum kids dash through Mumbai's kilometres of slum are fucking amazing.

That said, I don't wanna talk it up to much, as I had one of those poor experiances of way too high expectations and inevitable dissapointment. Honestly it couldn't have panned out any other way. I was told it was 'The best film I've ever seen' by both a 19 year old bar-girl from brisbane with a killer tan and an interest in OK magazine, and an ageing, heavily tattooed, certifiably insane ex-crim who said 'It made me laugh, it made me angry and it made me want to cry'. If thats not a fair canvassing of the australian population, I'm nor sure what is. So I went in expecting fire-works.

But yeah, check it out. Aint half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment