Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I aint no crack spider...

I don't know much about this here web. Don't expect PMM to be dropping regular photos on the screen, or any of them there moving picture films you kids are so fond of.

However, having been described in the last week alone as 1. The Speaker of Truth; 2. A Vibrant Fillibuster; 3. Really Conceited and 4. Partially Unemployed my much esteemed webmaster DJ Broke has invited my to make the occational contribution to this project.

A Cheap Trim is more than a forum for discussion. Its a chance me to avoid the one constant in DJ Broke's life. Judging by the current content, and safe in the knowledge of Broke's promise of 2% of the first million and .5% there after, I reiterate my ad-space offer to Universal Music Group and Studio. We already give you cats mad press. Pay us.

Its also the sister-site to our soon to be on-air radio show Ecclectical Empire. Coming soon to SYN Fm Melburn City. The show's going to be a solid antidote to the sick naffness of commerical fuelled shit and the increasingly chipper voices of promotion-proud triple J. It's going to have a good blend of music, steeped in hip-hop, protest and lyricism. It's going to have sketch comedy, reviews, analysis and discussion. It will be devoted to Tunes, Taste and Truth. More details soon.

For me personally A Cheap Trim will be a place to share. As I said before, I'm not so good with putting anything right here on the page for you, but I will at the end of every post provide a few links to things of interest.

Issues like climate change, fossil fuels and consumerism have become such a common concern for anyone with any wits that much disillusionment can be found in people struggling to believe that we, as a society can deal with the problems they will ineivtably present. I for one find myself at a loss when I consider the reaction of myself and those around me to the sudden absence of amenitites we so regularly take for granted. This green angst has been helped in no small way the viewing of these films.

1. The earth one.
2. The resources one.
3. The really scary conspiracy theory one.

Recently I have been lucky enough to meet a few people who have put me on to some real options. Gareth Johnstone gave me this one. Check it out.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment